Monday, March 29, 2010

Bonaire, day 1

So we made it. In spite of everything, we managed to actually touch down in Bonare. Aside from a brief scare in Salt Lake, where the plane was delayed 2 1/2 hours, putting us in Huston just in time to watch our plane leave. Thankfully, whatever problem they had, got fixed in due order and we were back on time.

The last hour of the flight was almost unbearable. i had been up for over 36 hours and it felt like my skin was going to simply crawl off

Finally, Bonaire… The first wave of warm moist Bonairrian air was like a soothing balm. Scented with salt and plumeria blossoms, I could actually feel my muscles relax.

And then…. they lost my luggage. Laugh, cry, cry, laugh…. I was so freaking tired, I just hung my head and got a seat on the bus.

Buddy dive resort is nice. Beautiful tile work and the locals are very friendly. Checkout dive done. The boat captain and dive masters were cheerful and funny. The resort is full of buff, blonde, tanned Swedes… I hate ‘em.

Sigh….. I hope tomorrow is better…….

No comments:

Post a Comment